Vityaz

Thursday, November 6, 2008

New addition to the arsenal, the Knight SMG or PP-19-01 "Vityaz". I got to admit this is a dandy.

The PP-19-01 is based on the AKS-74U compact assault rifle, with simple blowback action. Apparently it’s a standard kalashnikov receiver that’s been converted to a 9mm length magazine well and a blowback bolt. Sort of like 9mm AR-15 conversions.

It’s related to the bizon SMG, except that it uses conventional box magazines rather than the bizon’s helical feed magazines. Some call it ‘AK-9’. The ‘Vityaz’ uses more conventional box magazines and fires more powerful 9x19 ammunition. The bolt system is of simple blowback type, and gun is fired from closed bolt, utilizing standard AK-type trigger and safety / fire selector subsystems.

Cleaning is simple, compared to the other sub’s. I would love to get the H&K MP5 chambered for .40 S&W.

However this one is a little better. Move Over UZI.

3 deacons spoke:

Europe said...

Bedlam, nice post here, we carry the HKMP5, don't get to use them alot, only on the range. We played tested some 9A91, now those were great. I have read about the PP it is close to the HK.

Tam said...

Fascinating.

I'd be interested to know how you got your hands on a post sample Title II weapon.

Bedlam said...

Thanks europe, I carried the MP5A3, didn't like the feel or range.

tam, tanks for stopping by, when I commented on your site, I was under the impression that the site was some kind of servicemen site, I could be wrong, I don't know if your serious or not, you post about 'post sample Title II weapons', but thought I was talking about a video game gun? I don't know where your comming from. Anyway from your question you should know about SOT payers and what they can and can't do. BATF is nothing to play with concerning NFA firearms, if you know what I mean.

About Bedlam

My photo
I Am Not The Average Brother

The Deacons

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP